Thursday, November 13, 2008

day one, the beginning

Hey all,

I decided to start blogging. Facebook and Nexopia only go so far. I just want a place where I can write and write and write and one day look back and read. I want a place that I can share the contents of my life with people who know nothing about me, my past, my goals. I want a fresh start. So here goes.

I am eighteen years old and I have no idea what my true purpose is..yet. I think I'd like to go into teaching, probably English or Psychology, or perhaps I'll end up teaching English as a second language in Kenya. Who knows. It's not up to me though, it's up to God. I just have to figure out what he wants me to do, where I'm supposed to go and end up. I need his direction.

Yeah. I guess you could call me one who follows the belief of Christianity. But, as C.S Lewis once said, the worst part about Christianity is the Christians. I am not saying Christians are wrong because, stereotypically, since I am a part of Christianity I am concretely known as a Christian; however, it breaks my heart to see how those that are striving to live like Jesus are treating the lost and hurting people of this world. I'm surrounded by Christians who, including my parents, judge people because of their appearances of sexual orientation. We were driving the other day and my mother commented on a girls black outfit which included chains and other 'emo/punk/goth' (whatever it was) accents. She completely judged the girl based on how she looked. For all she knows, that girl could have been following Jesus too and yet my mother went and based her opinion on the physical appearance alone. Another example. My father and I had a discussion on gay/lesbian relationships once. Now, don't get me wrong. As a follower of Jesus, I believe that being homosexual is wrong. It is a sin. However, I still have respect for those people. I still want to love them and serve them. After all, we should hate the sin but love the sinner. Who am I to judge them when I have faults of my own?

I discovered a Bible verse today that I'm surprised I've never heard. It's found three times in the book of Song of Songs (which obviously means it is important and should be payed attention to). 2:7, 3:5, and 8:4. "Daughters of Jerusalem... do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." Isn't that amazing? I love it. Why do women search for love? Search for something that isn't meant to be awakened until God wakes it up? There are so many girls who have been told by our society that if they aren't in a relationship, they aren't beautiful. I think that's pathetic because the Bible clearly states in Psalm 139 that the thoughts God has towards us are unnumerable.

That's my rant for today.

Felicia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you have a good voice because you seem like having a good heart(wink)

And as you begin blogging, you will realized how important are your words to others. As i've read your blog i know that you'll write more about life and experiences straight from your heart.

And one day, your NOVEL will be published because you have the passion to write.

I like your belief and i hope to see more of you my dear.

Keep writing for the glory of God.

God bless you!!!!

~hon~ said...

You know what? The reason for my blog is to write, too. To journal. Mostly about GOD and what HE did in my life. I also love English and Psychology. One of my dreams in my life is to become a missionary which is my calling from GOD (I was sharing to one of my youths that I have been burdened to go to Africa). Let's go together in Kenya. hehehe! By the way, I've made a quote earlier, "The test of real love is when a person doesn't think less of you inspite of your past."

I admire the wisdom given to you by GOD. I am a youth cell leader and seeing my youths grow is one of the best parts in my life. I agree with your convictions about the outward appearance and gay/lesbian relationships. I also love your heart! It is very pure and full of love. I've also tackled and experienced the topic about judging and self-righteousness. When I was transformed, the first few topics I've focused on for my character are those.

The verse you found in Song of Songs is one of my life verses before I had a boyfriend. It is a very strong 'line' I believe so. Oh gosh I was very excited while writing this. hahaha! One of my calling is for the youths. I have a heart for the youths. It's so rewarding for me to see youths like you grow in character and in GOD. You are such a wise, young lady. You have been gifted by GOD. Sorry my comment is too long. hahaha! GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.