Monday, November 17, 2008

day three, forgiveness

I'll get right to it.

Backstory: On Thursday, my friend Matt and I found a Document on a school computer that someone wrote to their girlfriend. It was a list of 100 things that he knew/loved about her. We had a laugh because there were a lot of random things such as : "I love how both of your parents wrote reports on goats, I love how you love when I play with your boobs, I love how you love pillhoes (and yes, that is how he spelled pillows)." It just went on and on, and we found it hilarious. So anyway, we decided that we wanted to put it up on facebook in a note for our friends to read. All in good fun. We didn't find it mean because it was anonymous, we had no idea who it was about or who wrote it. If you think about it, it's the same thing as writing a blog or a note about a friend - but keeping it anonymous. We post those, so what's wrong with posting stuff like the note Matt and I found? Stuff that was funny? There's the background.

So today started off alright. I had a three hour history lecture and got to see my good friends. Matt and I posted the note on facebook and two of my friends told us that it was a mean thing to do. I didn't agree with them because, like I've already said, it was anonymous. After class I went on the computer to do some homework. I checked my facebook first though, like always. I saw that I had a message so I opened it up, seeing that it was from my close friend Katherine. What does it say? "UGH I'm so tired of Felicia. I officially want her out of my life, she is never going to change." First of all, ouch. Second of all, ouch. Third of all, it's just a stupid list! Now my first reaction was human, to cry, to get angry, to retaliate. But God poured out his peace upon me and I felt fine. I wasn't angry, I wasn't hurt, I was fine.

God forgave us so what right do we have not to forgive those who hurt us?

P.S I thought this would be a more interesting blog entry but I started writing it a few minutes after I got that email and so I was a little shocked and just wanted to ramble and tell all. But now that a few days have passed and God has filled me with his wisdom and peace, I don't feel the need to go on about happened. All I want people to get out of this blog is to forgive. Because Christ died for our sins - all the messed up stuff we've done - what right do we have not to forgive someone who has already been forgiven and accepted by our king?

Felicia

1 comment:

~hon~ said...

Yes. Forgive and forget. May GOD's grace be upon you always. GOD's grace is sufficient enough to wash away our tears and our guilts.

Anyway, I've tagged you. Kindly go over to my blog to know more about it. Hope you don't mind since I know you love writing. I want to know more about you so that's one of my ways. hehehe! No pressure though. It can take you a week or so. No worries. And please let me know if you're done with it so I can check your blog out. Thank you. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.